So, here we go! First off, thanks to my friend Natasha for trading one of her kiddo's well-child checkup appointments with us. Our pediatrician is super popular, so when our original appointment fell during the same week we needed to take our last minute vacay, rescheduling meant bumping the appointment back TWO whole months! That didn't work for us. We really wanted to see how Judah's growth was progressing and to stay on schedule with his vaccinations, etc. Thanks to Natasha, we were able to go in just a week later than the original appointment.
Alright, here are the 1 year checkup stats. Judah weighed in at a whopping 20 pounds 7 ounces! This means he moved from the 7th percentile to the 15th percentile for weight...hooray!! The doctor was pleased and we were too :) For height, Judah measured in at 30 inches! That means he's grown 9 WHOLE inches since he was born. He seems so tall, but he's actually just a little above the 50th percentile for height.
So here are a few more fun facts I didn't include in the 1 year post:
- Judah is a pro crawler! He's SO fast. He isn't walking yet but he's well on his way...watch out world!
- He loves buzzing his lips. It's pretty cute.
- Josh has gotten him to say "Ma" a couple times, but he won't voluntarily say it. He repeated "eye" back to me a couple times the other day as he was touching my eyes and often makes sounds that mimic words we've just said. We think it's just a matter of time before he starts really talking :)
- Judah loves being outside. He's not so sure about grass, though.
- He continues to LOVE books and loves being read to. He is so great at turning the pages!
- Storytime at the library continues to be one of our favorite weekly activities. With the beautiful weather we also LOVE walking to the Wednesday farmers market afterwards.
- Last month we completed our first session of Waterbabies swim lessons. Judah always did SO well going under the water and we think he's going to be a great little swimmer!
- Over the first year of his life, his favorite songs have included: "Hey Jude"(-ah), "Jesus Loves Me," "Clap, Clap Your Hands," "If You're Happy and You Know It," and "Old McDonald"...there's much better songs out there, but these are the songs that seem to have stuck and they've gotten us through some rough times (mostly during diaper changes in the early days and MANY times in the car).
- Judah's favorite snacks between meals are Cheerios and Goldfish crackers. He seems to have taken after mama in the savoring-ever-bite department (not the food-inhaling department like daddy) and prefers biting even small morsels like Cheerios in half.
- He prefers a straw to a sippy cup any day.