Monday, November 5, 2012

MEET THE PARKERS; A 30th BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!

On August 20, 2012, I turned the big THREE-O. Josh and I had grand plans to take a trip to Disneyland to celebrate, living it up and going on all the roller coasters we could get our hands on...but two days before we left for our trip we received a little surprise!


(Those are positive pregnancy tests in case you didn't know :) After the initial shock and excitement, we thought about cancelling our trip or trying to bring Judah along with us at the last minute...but we ended up keeping things as planned. And we still had a GREAT time! The trip just involved a lot less Tower of Terror, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain. We went at a little slower pace and took advantage of things we might not have had we be racing from one roller coaster to the next. I also finally got to eat at the Blue Bayou on my birthday (the restaurant you can see while on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride) which I'd been wanting to do for YEARS!




Our trip to Disneyland was the perfect way to ring in a new decade. I'm so thankful to my hubby for spoiling me in this way and to our families for taking care of the little man while we were away! AND I couldn't have asked for a better birthday surprise than finding out we are going to be parents for the second time!!



No comments: