January - March
- Made our first trip to the Portland Children's Museum with Grandpa & Grandma
- Celebrated my niece Ashley's 13th birthday and mom's 60th birthday
- Judah saw his first decent amount of snow (he wasn't too sure about it)
- Took our first trip without the little man. We went to spend a couple days in the hot desert sun (in Vegas) and see the Beatles Love Cirque du Soleil show which was fantastic! (Judah had lots of fun with Papa & Nana and Grandpa & Grandma while we were gone)
April - June
- Celebrated Josh's mom's 50th birthday
- Josh took a business trip to Washington DC (his first time there). He squeezed in as much sight-seeing as possible and even got to spend a little time with our friends Benn & Laura Oltmann.
- While Josh was in DC, I took the opportunity to take a spur of the moment trip (back to Vegas) with my sister. Highlights included lots of time at the pool and a much anticipated trip to Serendipity for some of the most scrumptious desserts ever made!
- Took our second family road trip to California for my cousin Jason's wedding. We spent lots of time with family and one afternoon away in San Francisco. The time spent with family was especially precious as it was the last time together on earth with my Aunt Susan who passed away later this year after a long battle with cancer.
|My dad and his FIVE siblings (Aunt Susan is on his right)|
July - September
- Celebrated Judah's 2ND birthday with a lovely family birthday party and a trip to the children's museum in Salem
- Met up with my childhood best friend, Jade (from Wisconsin...hadn't seen each other for over 12 years!)
- Celebrated my 30th birthday (wow). Josh and I took our second trip away from the little man to celebrate in Disneyland. The plan had been to ride LOTS of roller coasters/"big people" rides but plans changed when I realized I was pregnant just days before leaving for the trip.
- Took a couple day trips to the coast, one with Papa & Nana and another with Grandpa & Grandma
October - December
- Went to a few home Beaver football games and enjoyed a winning season
- Celebrated my nephew Jacob's 16th birthday (LOTS of milestone birthdays this year)
- Visited two pumpkin patches and trick-or-treated
- Found out we will be having another BOY!
- Sat on Santa's lap (a much happier experience than last year)
- Counted our many blessings
***Check out previous posts for more details about our 2012!***